1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Morale...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Chanteuse, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Chanteuse

Chanteuse Occasional commenter

Is anyone else struggling with low morale - particularly at this time of year? I've just qualified but unfortunately didn't manage to secure a permanent position for September. I'm finding it hard watching friends who qualified with me off to their new jobs this week. Of course, I'm really happy for them, but it's bittersweet as I'm disappointed for myself. I'm with multiple agencies to keep myself in the education sector, I'm just worried it's not enough, and by the time jobs come out, I'll have no clue what I'm doing! I guess I was just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat, and anything you're doing to boost your confidence!

I hope I haven't rambled on too much!

thekillers likes this.
  2. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

The teacher job situation is very localised and depends upon your phase/subject and your travel to work area. September is always a very slow month for temporary supply posts and more opportunities tend to crop up later in the term.
    Don't just rely on agencies. Revisit your application letter and c.v check and update them make sure you have alerts for TES and keep watching the local websites.
    Keep in touch with your friends to get early alerts for possible opportunities. Revisit your ITT file and extract relevant information particularly good lesson plans and ideas. This allows you to be prepared for something when it does crop up.

3. Chanteuse

Chanteuse Occasional commenter

Thanks for your advice - I really appreciate it