1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moral duty from a racist serial liar and adulterer

Discussion in 'Personal' started by afterdark, Aug 9, 2020.

1. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

It is a duty to teach IMO. Just like Nurses, doctors, public services etc., are expected to do theirs.

2. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Patients are the public and many actually had CV19.

3. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

There is a duty to protect teachers at work and make them safe, this is not being done in any where near the same way as it has been for other jobs as it is too difficult/costly.

It sounds like a repeat of the early days of the pandemic when there weren't enough masks to go round so they were deemed unnecessary, until there were enough and now the law is everyone must wear them in shops.

Teacher "safety" is being achieved by applying different, less onerous rules.

4. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

The problem with safety is that it is nigh on impossible to escape a virus. Masks etc might reduce the susceptibility a few percent but no more. IMO we have to accept that exposure to the virus is inevitable. I am 72 and in reasonably good health and if I get it, I get it, I refuse to worry about that. I could get killed crossing a road and I refuse to worry about that as well.
    We have succumbed to the media and political brainwashing regarding CV19. Sweden got it right and we could do a lot worse than copy them.
    Lock-down and associated panic measures have caused irreparable damage to many lives and livelihoods. IMO.