1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moorish maths in Spain? Ideas?

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by intuitionist1, Jan 19, 2011.

1. !!!![​IMG]
    Book plenty of time there so the teachers have time to sit and relax in the stunning cafe at the entrance (not the chaep ones on the street near the entrance).
    If you are travelling on the Sierra Nevada motorway plan some interesting discussions about power and acceleration....

2. tango78

tango78 New commenter

I am sure there's some stuff on this on cre8ate, it's got some really goodresources on there, have a look...

3. Cheers, thanks for the help, lots of ideas to get the brain working!!

4. There was an excellent moment in the ancient world with bettany hughes (bless her soul) where she was discussing the geometric ratio series in alhambra - root 2, root 3... somewhere near the start of the program. It could be an interesting investigation if you do it right, and investigate similar patterns.

5. Oh it looks so fabulous, but or me adverts keep cutting in and I have to start again. How frustrating. Can anyone else do any better?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_N27wqbdlI
    [​IMG]
    The idea of providing high quality youtubes where you have to watch adverts seems great and fair.
    grrr.