1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moody cat

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Over_the_hill, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

Does anyone have any feline advice please? I have three cats. The eldest is fat and around 10 years old, but could be older as she was found as a stray and I adopted her from the Cats Protection. The other two are both 7 and not fat. Between them they have 2 pouches in the morning and 2 at night but really what happens is the big cat eats one pouch and the other two share a pouch between them. The problem I have is that the eldest one has become really grumpy lately. She will often go for the other two, not in the same violent way she goes for an unknown cat that wanders into our garden, but in a sort of bad-tempered, crabby way. She just snaps at them and often tries to nip their neck. I am not sure if she is just getting cantankerous in her old age. I will take her to the vets but I thought I would ask her first because my vets are the sort that will charge an absolute fortune and run every test possible to maximise the bill. Physically she is well apart from being chubby. Anyone had anything similar?

2. 7eleven

7eleven Senior commenter

Firstly, I’d change vets if I could! Secondly, my guess is that your old girl is in pain, so I would get her checked out.

1 person likes this.
  3. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Star commenter

Great advice! The thing is with cats is they never show when they're in pain but it does often manifest in odd behaviour such as you describe.