1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MONTSER ON THE MOVE- Adjectives

Discussion in 'Primary' started by liverp00l29, Feb 29, 2016.

1. liverp00l29

liverp00l29 New commenter

Does anybody have the resource for monster on the move estate agents?

I have an observation for literacy year 2 and using through the keyhole a giants castle to look through at the giants castle to come up with a word bank. Then I would like to the children to write sentences using adjectives to describe the castle. I am struggling on how to differentiate this.
    What assessment could i use?
    HELP!

2. vannie

vannie Star commenter

It was 5 years ago chick ....you really are better off thinking about what your children need and teaching them that. The medium doesn't really matter, it's the actual learning that counts. Are your children familiar with the idea of a giants castle and what they might find in it? Could your lowers use simple colour and size adjectives and your highers think of more complex ones? Surely the assessment would be whether or not they are able to use adjectives in writing or when orally composing sentences?

3. liverp00l29

liverp00l29 New commenter

Hi its for a job interview so I have no idea what my class are like yet. All i know its that its year 2 and that their topic is castles and the focus of my lesson has to be writing. I want them to work in mixed ability pairs im just struggling of what to do.