1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Montessori training?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by CloakandWings, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Hi, I am thinking of undertaking some Montessori training as it's something I am interested in for the future. I was just wondering is anyone here has ever been trained or worked in a Montessori environment and whether you think it can be used within state settings? Thanks, C x

2. susbo

susbo New commenter

Hi cloakandwings,
    My daughter is montessouri trained and so I've been able to take a peek inside her training manual and also visited her setting a few times. There are lots of ideas which I have - dare I say it - used and many more that I have adapted into my reception class. It's like most things really, I step back and say "why didn't I think of that?", when the obvious is staring me in the face! When she shops for her setting it's often a case of me saying "oh I think I'll have one of those too - and in the basket goes another one for me! There is very little that I have adapted/used for whole class sessions but lots of great ideas for small groups and individual learning. I say 'go for it' put as many feathers in your cap as you can! Good luck.
    SB

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I'm sure you are aware (and it is probably irrelevant anyway) that currently there is a dispute as to whether Montessori qualifications will be recognised in EYFS.

4. I recommend doing High Scope training. I did th training along with my PGCE and it was fabulous and really interesting.

C xx

5. Thanks for all these responses. I'm not really worried about EYFS recognition of Montessori training as I have QTS for those purposes. It's something I have been interested in for a while. x