1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Montessori Diploma VS MA Early Childhood

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by zsoraia, Nov 4, 2016.

1. zsoraia

zsoraia New commenter

Hello everyone!

It's my first time writing and should be writing in the right place!

My dilemma is: I'm undecided whether to take an MA in Early Childhood or a Diploma in Montessori Education. I don't hold a BA in Early Childhood but have already an MA in Multilingualism, linguistics and Education and have been working as a preschool teacher for three years now.

The thing is, while I have gained what I missed in EC studies through experience, job hunting is difficult without something that is Early Childhood related, so I was wondering whether a Diploma in Montessori Education would be a good compromise (learning something new and at a much (much!) cheaper cost) or whether I should just do the MA in Early Childhood as there is no way around it when job hunting.

I'm currently employed but for various reasons want to find something more challenging and stimulating and my decision will determine how long I will remain in my current job.

Thanks everyone!

Soraia