1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Montessori and PGCEi ...leads to where?

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by indrakshi_dcosta, Sep 19, 2019.

1. indrakshi_dcosta

indrakshi_dcosta New commenter

Hi Bukky,
    I have an AMI (3-6)diploma and have worked in a Montessori environment for two years. Prior to that I was teaching in a professional college for hotel management students. I do not have a graduation in teaching but changed careers midway opting for Montessori and pedagogy. I loved working in a Montessori classroom but also wanted to qualify myself further in order to be flexible to work in international schools in places where Montessori is not being offered.
    I am currently doing my PGCei. However I am still not clear as to what is required to foray into international schools esp in the Middle East where I live currently. I would like to stay with teaching and grow in experience before doing a Master's. SEN is also a field of interest that I want to gain experience in being close to Montessori and inclusive education. Pls advise.