1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Monsoon sale item...good price but......

Discussion in 'Personal' started by the apprentice, Aug 15, 2011.

1. the apprentice

the apprentice New commenter

On a whim l have bought a 'tunic top' from Monsoon. Quite a nice floral pattern and thought l could wear it to a Christening in September...but now realised that l'm not sure how to wear it!! Or rather..what to wear it with!? Do you put leggings on, thick tights ..or bare legs?! I'm in my mid forties.maybe it wasn't such a good buy.

2. lunarita

lunarita Established commenter

I can't see your top but...I think I'd go for straight or wide-legged trousers.
    Or is it too long for that?

3. Go for dark leggings and some quite high heels.

4. the apprentice

the apprentice New commenter

Ahh well....if l was more computer savvy i would post a picture..but l'm not, but maybe later! As the top is in the sale, there are no photos on the Monsoon site( sold out!) but it's just above the knee, quite a floaty fabric with long 'thin see through' material three quarter sleeves.
    And i really struggle with ..shoes,l'm a fitflop ,clarks and slippers kind of girl!!! Not too sure on the high heels!! and although l'm no fashionista.....high heels and leggings ?! are you sure ..think l'll have to take item and go into town and see!!!

5. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I've been wearing that type of tops with smart leggings (ie,not too thin,there are lots of them around just now) and heels(court type shoes) or boots,depending on occasion and weather.

6. I wear flat shoes with leggings (ballet pumps) - there are loads around, you should be able to find somethin gto go along with your top. As previous poster said, some leggings can be a bit thin and soem can be super long and make oyu look like you're going diving!

I say it's good to break your style traditions every so often!

7. Hi I am in my early 50's and often wear this sort of tunic top with leggings, soooo comfortable [​IMG] I also wear ballet pumps, but bought some new sandals recently (office website) and these look ok to. I have younger work friends who would tell me if the look wasn't good!! Have a great christening.

8. I tend to wear tops like this over jeans normally, or over black trousers if i want to smarten up for something - not really a fan of leggings but I know lots of people are, however, I wouldn't subject my legs in lycra to anyone!