1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Monsoon.co.uk - any experience?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lunarita, Jan 4, 2012.

1. lunarita

lunarita Established commenter

I placed an order a week ago and paid for express delivery. However it still shows on the site as 'order processing'.

I sent them an email yesterday morning to find out what's happening and they haven't replied.
    Today I decided to call instead but have been on hold for rather a long time.
    Any suggestions gratefully received.

2. lunarita

The horrible recorded 'your call is important to us' message gives an option to leave a message, which I have now done.
    I'm not holding my breath though.

3. Monsoon the shop tend to be quite good at customer service. When you eventually get a real person I would hope the Internet side lives up to that.

4. lunarita

I don't believe it. I just received an emial from them but far from being a response to my query it says this

these are the very same items I ordered a whole darned week ago. I just reviewed the order that's all, and checked to see whether they still show as available.

5. lunarita

Ha, well, I managed eventually to get through but no real resolution.
    The person at the other end just told me that the order is processing and that there are no problems noted on it (he's looking at the same info i can see from here). It can take over a week to process orders, apparently.

We will see.

My hope is that it HAS actually been sent and that it's just that the order status hasn't updated on the page. Vain hope, I think.

6. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I found them okay, took a while but I didnt pay for express delivery so they should refund that for you at least x

7. lunarita

Just to set the record straight - my vain hope was realised and the parcel arrived today, so in terms of delivery I can have no complaints.
    Still, the lack of information from them was atrocious. The poor guy I spoke to yesterday when I eventually got through was telling me that over the holiday period it wasn't unusual for it to take a whole week to ship - when in fact the parcel must have been on its way for a few days (I'm not in the UK).
    And, FWIW the website still shows the order status as 'processing order'.....
    It's a happy ending though, the 3 kings will be able to deliver their presents tomorrow as hoped :)

8. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I do hate that, some stuff we've ordered online from the UK has arrived in days yet some has taken 5 weeks! I've even had parcels arrive and then got the email saying they'd been shipped [​IMG]

9. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

Did you allow for the Bank Holidays in the week you calculated? Most places will not guarantee express delivery if it's over a bank holiday.

10. lunarita

Eva, it wasn't the bank holidays or the express delivery. It was the fact that, a week after ordering (only one bank holiday in that time) the order still showed as 'processing' - and that was all customer service were able to tell me, that it wasn't unusual to take a week to post things out.
    In fact the dispatch note shows it was sent the same day it was ordered so I can't fault their service - it's just a pity about the lack of information.