1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Monotonous Tone...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by best75, May 10, 2011.

1. I received feedback for my interview and lesson from a really good school! They have said some positive things but a negative for the lesson I taught was that I was a bit monotonous, and did not seem warm enough even though I had a loud and clear voice, gave good instructions etc. My uni tutor told me that my tone is a bit monotonous too! How can I improve? I'm not a very animated person! Also, how can I seem more warm? I get confused as to how we are supposed to act as a teacher sometimes... One person says don't smile, the other says something different. Thanks for any replies.

2. Anyone?

3. Thank you for your replies. It was a very good school and the behaviour was also good, which is probably why I was expected to appear warmer and more welcoming. It seems that everyone expects me to adapt on a different personality, and I'm not quite sure which one is the right one for which setting but I'm sure it will all come with experience. I'm not a particularly quiet/shy person, as he mentioned my voice is loud and clear, just monotonous. I have an interview on Monday so I will take these on board and ensure to smile at points in the lesson! [​IMG]