1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Monologues with Year 7

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by Miss Flump, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Hey folks,
    My Year 7s have to learn about monologues within their current Scheme of Work, but I am stuck for ideas on how to approach this from a practical perspective.
    I also have concerns around time, as they're only learning about this for one lesson (one hour) within the scheme, so I can't possibly hear them all perform a monologue each.
    If anybody has any suggestions they would like to share I would be extremely grateful.
    Thanks.

2. Hey folks,
    My Year 7s have to learn about monologues within their current Scheme of Work, but I am stuck for ideas on how to approach this from a practical perspective.
    I also have concerns around time, as they're only learning about this for one lesson (one hour) within the scheme, so I can't possibly hear them all perform a monologue each.
    If anybody has any suggestions they would like to share I would be extremely grateful.
    Thanks.

3. Who wrote the scheme of work?

4. Whoever put that in a year 7 SOW wants their head examining. I can't imagine anything more inappropriate and then compounding the idiocy by allowing only one lesson! Be brave, it's nonsense, don't do it; do something else instead.

5. Many thanks for your replies and apologies for having not got back online sooner.
    I agree that looking at monologues in great detail seems to be a huge task and far too much for a Year 7 class to cope with in a practical sense.
    I decided to tell them what a monologue is and in groups they had to create their own for a character within a script that they are writing in groups. That way I didn't have to delve into too much detail about other things.
    Thanks for your help,
    Miss Flump [​IMG]