1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Monkey World, Devon

Discussion in 'Personal' started by seren_dipity, Aug 9, 2012.

1. seren_dipity

seren_dipity New commenter

I love Monkey Life (channel 5) and would love to visit the park in Devon. I'm playing with the idea of taking my grandson next summer but it's a long way from Glasgow. Has anyone been? Is it as brilliant as it looks?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I love Monkey Life (channel 5) and would love to visit the park in Devon. I'm playing with the idea of taking my grandson next summer but it's a long way from Glasgow. Has anyone been? Is it as brilliant as it looks?

3. Not a clue, but it sounds great! Pop in if you're passing [​IMG]

4. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Never heard of it. Where is it?

5. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Oooooh! Seren undertakes very long journey - what could possibly go wrong?

6. Gardening Leaves

Gardening Leaves New commenter

I haven't been for many years, but took the children when they were little and we were down that way. It was excellent then and is still run by the same organization I think. A really good day out.

7. Unless they have changed the location, I am sure it is in Dorset ....(we have a Monkey world, and it certainly used to be the feature of Monkey life) Apart from that, ....... I LOVE monkeys and could spend hours and hours there- it is fascinating - live quite close. Worth coming for a holiday in Dorset, it is fantastic!

8. http://www.monkeyworld.org/home.php

9. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

But not quite as far as she thought, it seems.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

*pleeeeeaaaase don't let middlemarch see this*
    Devon Dorset...what's the difference? lol
    *wonders why I used to get lost so often*
    I'm enjoying this new season of Monkey Life though I still miss seeing Jim Cronin on the programme.
    Ross Noble is a huge fan apparently.
    A wee week in Dorset with my boy next year? Sounds good!

11. Middlemarch

Mwahahahaha!
    I need to tell all other TESsers looking at this that seren does actually possess a satnav...
    But even so - what could possibly go wrong?

12. henriette

henriette New commenter

I took my 2 there when they were young: we couldn't get them away! It was fabulous.

13. There is plenty do for a week in Dorset, though I am sure I could spend a week in Monkey world and not get bored :) You could even visit Devon for a day and see the difference for yourself. ;)

14. Maybe you should just get a train? :)

15. It is a fantastic place. I have been many times. Well worth the journey.

16. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Monkey World is in Dorset and it's worth a visit.
    We are off to Dorset next week for a few days! We will be staying in a B&B in Swanage, a quintessential English seaside resort, and spending time on gorgeous Studland beach. Might even walk over Old Harry Rocks. Just love it down there.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I irritate my satnav...I can tell by the frostiness in her tone when she says "re-calculating".
    I'm definitely going to do it!
    I knew there would be posters who'd know...

18. Middlemarch

Having heard her whilst I was driving, seren, I agree that she's far snottier with you than she is with others.
    Our satnav has her twin sister's voice...

19. Isn't there also a Diggerland down that part of the world? I've always wanted to go there.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

My grandson would think he'd died and gone to heaven....monkeys AND diggers? Fancy coming too?