1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Monitoring and controlling multiple workstations - any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by magic surf bus, Feb 2, 2012.

1. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I'm currently working in a school with a straightforward Windows PC network, no RM, Ranger or such like superimposed on top.

I'm sick to death of kids gawping at monitors or piddling around with the internet when they don't need to be, and would like to be able to blank their monitors and switch off their internet connection from my work station. I'm fully aware that this is possible on RM and Ranger networks via teacher control consoles.

My query is this - are there any independent packages out there that could achieve this, especially open source and/or not tied to a full educational network installation?

2. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

3. We use LANSchool, to control,blank screen, login, logoff, share and vote across multiple PC and laptops.
    Have no idea of cost, but very effective

4. I have to agree - LanSchool is very good but it also has very useful tools for sharing files to students, students sharing their screens to the class for presentations and limiting applications/websites.