1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Money...

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by rugby_gal06, Jul 22, 2011.

1. How are you earning money this summer?

2. Signing on for JSA...living off savings..spending as little as possible..!
    Sorry not much help?

3. I'm considering that, but as a last resort. I think I will go mad if I don't have something to do over the summer and I really need a steady income. It's the what that I'm struggling with!

4. lrw22

lrw22 Occasional commenter

Spending as little as possible, living off savings and hopefully getting some work from my supply agencies in private day nurseries.

5. helenemdee

helenemdee New commenter

My part time call centre job covers my rent and bills. For a bit extra I'm considering private tuition - or living off what is in my savings account and spending as little as possible. Wish I could afford to go on holiday!!

6. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Fortunately I'm currently about two thirds of the way through a maternity cover, but I recognise that may not always be the case, so I'm looking into ways of making extra money from photography and freelance writing this summer, as a sort of insurance policy for next year.

7. I am working part-time with disabled children and child-minding a few evenings a week to see me through the summer. So a bit of work and some play. I am intending on spending as little money as possible which should be quite easy as we have just got a puppy so I have to be with her a lot and we have things booked in most weekends which will cost us hardly anything so I am looking fowards to the summer. My only wish is that I didn't save more so I don't have to work. I am going to try and do that next year.
    If you want to hear more about where I work private msg me as I know they are looking for more people, they always are. It's £40 a day (after tax) 9.30-3.30 and pretty stress free. I am in the SW.