1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Money saving tip if you shop at ASDA

Discussion in 'Personal' started by MayKasahara, Apr 26, 2011.

1. MayKasahara

MayKasahara New commenter

My Mum went to do her shopping at ASDA this week and was given a leaflet telling her how to check their prices for the stuff she had bought in comparison with the other supermarkets as they are currently guarenteeing to be 10% cheaper than anyone else. If you find they weren't you can download a voucher for the difference. She wasn't going to bother but I checked online and she now has over £7 of ASDA vouchers! You just need to go here and enter your receipt number to find out if you are entitled to any.

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Tescos do this as well. Mrs blazer has printed off a couple of money off vouchers having checked her bill online.

3. Woohoo! I got a voucher for 9p! [​IMG]

4. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Save the cost of recarpeting your entire home by buying two small squares of the carpet you want and sticking them to your feet

(c) Viz c.1986

5. Really?
    That's worth knowing, as I'm finding Tesco comparatively expensive at the moment.
    They're currently doing 4 Mullerlight yogurts for £2 (I notice things like this as I'm on a diet!). Compare that to the 10 for £2 that Morrisons are offering, or even the 25p each offer at Asda.
    I think that Tesco probably price match the higher end supermarkets like Waitrose and Sainsburys.

6. MayKasahara

MayKasahara New commenter

I didn't know that Tesco did this too, I've found a Tesco receipt so i'm off to try them too!

7. anon468

anon468 New commenter

That's a darn good tip!
    Thank you. [​IMG]

8. Asda has an iphone APP for it too. They've been doing it for months now. Just a shame you can't use more than one voucher at a time.

9. You can if you split your shopping on the belt and pay for each lot separately.

10. True, but I have neither the time or the inclination to do that!
    I lose patience enough in there with the time it takes them to take the money from my discount card.