1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Monday morning mantra

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Arched Eyebrow, Apr 2, 2012.

1. No need to be so sour....There is nothing unusual in the sentiments expressed above.
    I suspect many, many teachers dread Monday mornings...and other weekday mornings. If you work in a lovely school with a management team who are part of the gang, kids who are cooperative and compliant and colleagues who are supportive, going in isn't something to dread. How many schools are like the one described? Very few.
    However, if you teach in a school where all you feel is pressure...facing up to going in is a right pain...causing anxiety and stress.
    Some mornings I wished I was doing another job....anything but teaching, but once you get into the building school life takes over. What on earth makes you think teachers who aren't enjoying their jobs are poor professionals? Given teachers are observed so frequently most pull out all the stops. THAT in itself causes huge pressures.
    I did it for 30 years, had OFSTED inspectors praise then nick my lesson plans (to use themselves) and was told many times I was doing a good job..and was promoted on merit. I always gave the kids 100%.
    I still hated going in and looked forward to the holidays...only to experience (always) those awful feelings of dread again once they were almost over.
    Isn't that how most teachers feel?