1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Monday morning blues - please cheer me up...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by sel_chick, Nov 7, 2011.

1. I don't usually check the forums or post when I'm at work, but I have a serious case of the Monday morning blues today.
    At every turn, something is hitting me in the face or dropping more carp from above (and it's only just gone 9.30!).
    I get the feeling it's going to be one of those weeks. Again.
    Can somebody please cheer me up?!

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Only 4 more sleeps until Friday!
    Any help in cheering you up? [​IMG]

3. bfudge69

bfudge69 New commenter

Not long until Christmas.

4. That did make me smile belle!

5. oh bfudge,
    I hate Christmas at the best of times, and have absolutely no money for it this year, but the thought of not having to be in school for two whole weeks is very, very appealing just now!

6. bizent

bizent Star commenter

Double year 11 every Monday gives me the blues but once I am in the lesson it's fine. Apart from the "oh my god this is so tedious", "you never teach us anything" etc etc.
    Just think...another month and a bit of Christmas adverts!

7. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

At least you've got work - I had no phone call from the supply agency this morning. Plenty of other stuff to do, but little of it earns money.

8. We might get enough snow to close all schools for a week!

9. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I've only got 4 weeks left and have no idea how I'm going to get through the work the way I want to. Sigh........................

10. that's what i hate about this half term - counting down to the end of term (hooray) means 'only so many days to go before christmas (augh)

11. voodoo child

voodoo child New commenter

The second series of The Killing starts on 19th November with a new red jumper! Tak!!

12. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

What did the orange say to the lemon? Hello, Lemon!!
    [​IMG]Are you cheered up now?

13. You guys are fab!
    Got too caught up doing what they pay me to do and didn't have a chance to come back during the day today, but having read your posts tonight, I'm smiling again!
    Hopefully tomorrow will be better...if not, I'll have a sneaky log-on and re-read what's here!
    Thank you!!

14. I doubt we'll get any snow days this year regardless of how bad the snow is - too many schools/LA's got slated for shutting last year and they will want to claw back some respect.

15. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

There was a sausage and an egg in a frying pan. The sausage turned to the egg and said, 'godness me, it's hot in here!' The egg turned to the sausage and said, '*** me, a talking sausage!'
    They just go on getting better and better[​IMG]

16. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Yeah stuck in a different country with no work, no friends and no money. Dont know whether to be grateful for my lovely OH or resent him for the reason Im bored to tears lol.
    Lots of people have Monday morning blues. How did your day go? Plan a nice tea for Thur it'll make the weekend feel longer and then you have something to look forward to and just have to survive friday xx

17. You are meeting angels

18. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg New commenter

I went to Spec Savers on Saturday. Gues who I saw? No-one. Guess who I bumped into? Everyone.

A penguin walks into a bar. He asks "Has anyone seen my brother?" The barman asks "What does he look like?".

(The only jokes I know.)