1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Monarch with 6 wives school, near KL

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by lifeinthe852, Sep 18, 2019.

1. lifeinthe852

lifeinthe852 New commenter

Hi all

Does anyone have any info on the school that honours a former monarch with 6 wives, near KL, please?

Would love some info before making an application.

Context - looking at primary leader roles (DH, AH, even YGL in the right school), 2 children and a husband in tow, currently based in HK (recent ‘unrest’ etc). Considering options but not sure whether wise to leave HK as it’s usually v sought after on the international circuit. Husband currently works - know that may be more difficult in other countries but cost of living presumably lower.

2. ToK-tastic

ToK-tastic New commenter

I don't have any info on the school, but I can tell you a bit about the location (having worked near there). Housing for families is a huge benefit of living in that area. On one teachers wage you will be able to afford either a standalone house with outside area, or a big condo apartment in a 'resort-style' development with lots of amenities on site. Housing is relatively cheap, and very large, especially in comparison to HK.
    The area that the school is in is rather suburban, but if wide open roads, clutter free pavements, parks & shopping centres are your thing then it's perfect - definitely a family sort of place to be. Trains up to KL are fairly frequent (about every 12 mins when I worked down there), and very fast.

3. rosiecg

rosiecg Occasional commenter

I had an interview there on the 'showroom' last year before the building was completed. The head of primary seemed to know her stuff though wanted a fairly formal early years department. I declined the job offer as I was offered a different post elsewhere. Lots of kids from my school have moved over there, and they happen to have been our more..... Interesting..... students!

4. amariB

amariB New commenter

A lot of kids from my school have moved there too as it’s a cheaper option. Actually quite a few of them came back! Not sure what that means... Its a new school, modelled very much on the British public school system from the looks of the website, with a sister school in the UK. The area is very quiet but lots of families like living there and you can get a house with lots of space and a shared pool for a good price.

At the moment Malaysia is suffering from terrible haze from burning in Indonesia, so not much of an outdoor lifestyle to be had, masks required, schools all closed. Something to bear in mind when considering moving here with a family as it tends to happen yearly (although this is the worst it’s been for a few years).

5. bobbingtoncrescent

bobbingtoncrescent New commenter

I feel bad for the new families who have arrived this year due to the haze. It’s definitely worth bearing in in mind.

6. lifeinthe852

lifeinthe852 New commenter

Thanks all. Think we will stick with HK for now!