1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mole drying up and dropping off.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Robsia, Oct 17, 2007.

1. I have several small moles (2-3 mm) on my neck which are slightly prominent. They've been there and stable for years - I had a larger one removed when I was 14 but they left the little ones.

Over the last week or so one of them started to get a bit bigger and began to be sore to the touch. Today I was absently scratching my neck and something hard and brown dropped into my fingers. When I went to the mirror I realised it was the sore mole that had dried up and spontaneously dropped off.

There is a red mark where it used to be.

Should I be worried? Has this ever happened to anyone else? I don't want to bother my doctor over something trivial, but they do say to keep a eye on your moles if they change - and drying up and dropping off is defiitely a change.

2. I have several small moles (2-3 mm) on my neck which are slightly prominent. They've been there and stable for years - I had a larger one removed when I was 14 but they left the little ones.

Over the last week or so one of them started to get a bit bigger and began to be sore to the touch. Today I was absently scratching my neck and something hard and brown dropped into my fingers. When I went to the mirror I realised it was the sore mole that had dried up and spontaneously dropped off.

There is a red mark where it used to be.

Should I be worried? Has this ever happened to anyone else? I don't want to bother my doctor over something trivial, but they do say to keep a eye on your moles if they change - and drying up and dropping off is defiitely a change.

3. R.I.P poor moley!

I had one on my back years ago that did that. I did ask the doc and he told me that sometimes it is just the way of nature. Might be worth a quick phone call though just to make sure it is OK, and keep an eye on the area.

4. Yup, happened to me once. Doc said it was nothing to worry about.

5. Thanks - I am pregnant too so that could well have something to do with it. I suppose it's too much to hope that they all decide to go to mole-heaven.

6. Could indeed be the change in hormones that is making them all want to leave you.

7. I had the exact same thing, I have a couple of moles on my neck (near to my collar bone) - one of which got itchy (in a absentminded way) and I admit I picked at it a bit - but it fell off. I took myself down to Boots pharmacist who told me to just keep an eye on the area. If another one regrows or the others in the area do then to go back to my Docs.

I will say though - don't just ignore this. Make sure you do keep a close eye on your moles, just in case.
    xx

8. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

9. You should mention this to your doctor next time you go. It is probably nothing but have an expert check it out.

10. I had a mole on my penis once. I tried the doctor. He just told me to stick to humans.

11. I can believe that - you come across as the sort of person who might be interested in having sex with animals.

12. Sorry, Mary Whitehouse.

(did I upset you whilst you were posting under another name or something?)