1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mogg mobbed

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vince_Ulam, Feb 2, 2018.

1. JL48

JL48 Star commenter

A political interest? An interest in reviving his ideology, and putting it into practise?

2. JL48

JL48 Star commenter

Considering he attended a far-right rally, and murdered someone, I'm not entirely sure that's appropriate.

3. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Historical.

4. Vince_Ulam

Don't try pulling that one. I've already paid my respects to the dead of that day, in a reply to you. I don't recall you doing likewise.

5. wanet

wanet Star commenter

Examples of nonviolent direct action (also known as nonviolence, nonviolent resistance, or civil resistance) can include sit-ins, strikes, workplace occupations, blockades, or hacktivism, while violent direct action may include political violence or assaults.

6. JL48

JL48 Star commenter

Having taught A level History and G&P, I can safely say that a political and historical perspective are not the same thing -although there are overlaps.

7. Vince_Ulam

Anyone interested in reviving & practising the ideology of a historical figure because it belonged to that historical figure is motivated by historical interest, therefore anyone interested in reviving & practising the ideology of Adolf Hitler because it belonged to Adolf Hitler is motivated by historical interest.

8. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

Sounds like nit-picking to me. Reviving Nazism because it was based on "scientific racism" is motivated by political interest, rather than historical. Racists and white supremacists admire Hitler because he believed, like them, in the threat to racial purity offered by "Untermenschen".

JL48 and Scintillant like this.
  9. Vince_Ulam

Nazism is a historical phenomenon from the 20th Century. Adolf Hitler is a historical figure from the 20th Century. These things are facts, not nits.

There are no such things as "Untermenschen", "scientific racism" or "racial purity". These things are not facts.

10. CraigCarterSmith

CraigCarterSmith Established commenter

all this Nazi talk is making me wanna watch "inglorious B*st*rds" again

MAGAorMIGA, lanokia and Scintillant like this.
  11. Vince_Ulam

Mogg minors shouted at by another anarchist:

12. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Unto the third and fourth generation, then.

13. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Sad times when screaming at children is a form of protest.

These people are adults yes?

Startedin82, nomad and Dragonlady30 like this.
  14. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

I did like the way (shown on other videos but not the one above) that after Ian Bone had ranted away on how badly the childrens' nanny was paid, Nanny Crook appeared on the doorstep and said she was perfectly happy and had a very nice flat in the basement of the Rees-Mogg household.

Disgraceful to behave like that to children, but great to see the stupid old fool stab himself in the foot.

I thought the policeman look rather non-plussed. A sort of "they didn't teach us this at police academy" sort of expression. o_O

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    nomad likes this.
  15. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

Indeed.
    Reninds me a little of when the young girls of Holy Cross Primary School in Belfast had to run the gauntlet of abuse and violence by so-called adults during the Troubles - day after day after day.

Appalling behaviour by all the protagonists in both situations.

lanokia, nomad and Dragonlady30 like this.
  16. peter12171

peter12171 Star commenter

17. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I thought of the same incident... just couldn't remember the name of the school... :oops:

18. Crowbob

Crowbob Senior commenter

Utterly disgusting thing to do.

Why didn’t someone take the children in immediately when the guy started being abusive?

19. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

While I agree with your first statement, I have a feeling that the Moggettes have been brought up to understand fully what being in public life can entail, and their parents have no desire to hide them from the reality of it.

Doesn't excuse the behaviour of the witless Ian Bone, of course - but it was Bone who has come off worse from his own stupidity.

lanokia and nomad like this.
  20. Vince_Ulam