1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mogg mobbed

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vince_Ulam, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

No. You linked to a BBC page which repeated a rumour. No source was named there.

The BBC website is not what it once was. Every week it seems there is a new article about homicidal menses.

How unfortunate then that your dog ate Google.

This person's mother did not even have a clear idea of where he was going on that day, despite being asked to cat-sit for him:

2. JL48

JL48 Star commenter

What's this got to do with GBH?

Sorry, I'm lost . .

3. JL48

JL48 Star commenter

Yet Breitbart and Fox News are paragons on truth and balance!
    Funny you manage to find info when pushed. Found the other interviews, or did Breitbart not highlight those for you?

4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Because George Soros is well known for backing a number of ''progressive'' groups across various nations.

You had presented a fictional account of such activity which presented as sympathetic to your viewpoint. Vince was alluding to a real world example of such activity.

5. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Thank you.

6. Vince_Ulam

I don't see what you hope to gain by holding forth on these two because the video of an actual incident was watermarked with the Breitbart logo. Are you somehow convinced that the mob who tried to deplatform JRM are in the pay of Breitbart?

Oh, were you pushing me? Sorry, I'll pretend to be flustered next time if you give me notice but the video speaks against your enthusiastic claims. I'm not claiming this man is not a Nazi, I'm just pointing out that you haven't presented evidence that he is and the rest of the evidence suggests that he isn't. It's easy to find evidence that he's mentally ill, but it's obviously easier for some people to shout "Nazi".

7. Oldfashioned

Oldfashioned Senior commenter

The masked group were a Bristol anti-fascist group who actually oppose Labour and momentum because they believe democracy doesn't go far enough in dealing with the hard and far right.

8. Nanook_rubs_it

Nanook_rubs_it Star commenter

JL48 likes this.
  9. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Well said LAN.

10. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

Josh Connor is a member of Bristol Young Momentum and Labour.

11. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

So true and so ignored by so many in their haste to join the throng.

12. Nanook_rubs_it

13. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

So a man with far right views bought a ticket to an event and went along... and this is ''Moggy does keep some pretty dodgy company''?

Far right guy gets into a fight with far left guy... and Mogg is heard calling for them to calm down.

14. Nanook_rubs_it

JL48 likes this.
  15. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

Not for much longer if he keeps behaving like that - the Labour Party has internal disciplinary processes for bringing the Party into disrepute and I suspect he may have over-stepped the mark.

JL48 likes this.
  16. Vince_Ulam

17. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Sorry... not trying to be difficult but to me those two guys don't look alike... the one in the post I've linked to has a more chubby, child like, happier face.

White shirt man has a harder look.

White with white hair and in their 50s [ish]... about all they seem to have in common. Obviously if it turns out to be the guy then OK, but needs a bit more than a vaguely similar appearance.

18. JL48

JL48 Star commenter

It's interesting. You can see the aggression of the man in the white shirt much more clearly in this video than the Breitbart one. I wonder why that might be?

I never thought I'd be driven to defending the annoying left (or alt-left / antifa or whatever.) I always found the SWP and their kin extremely irritating. I remember them doing a similar thing when i went to see David Blunkett speak. All it achieved (apart from making them look like moronic bullies) was letting him off the hook as it meant that he didn't have to answer any difficult questions. It also made him look reasonable and statesmanlike. Quite the opposite from their intended effect, I'm sure. Nonetheless, I prefer them to the alt-right / neo Nazis for reasons given in previous posts. I honestly find it worrying that others don't.

Nanook_rubs_it likes this.
  19. Vince_Ulam

Why, isn't it obvious? They staged the whole thing. Them and the 12-foot alien blood-drinking reptilians from the fourth dimension. If you listen closely you can hear David Icke calling cues.

[​IMG]

20. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Will they discipline Macdonald's comments in 2011 for wishing to challange any tory MP..or i suppose he has changed his opinion?
    'Mr McDonnell added: “I want to be in a situation where no Tory MP, no Tory or MP, no Coalition minister can travel anywhere in the country or show their face anywhere in public without being challenged by direct action.”

In September 2011, he said: “Any institution or any individual that attacks our class, we will come for you with direct action.”'