1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MOEDRATING MY AQA RM COURSEWORK PLEASE? SOME ADVICE NEEDED

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by mmjkaejec, Mar 5, 2012.

1. mmjkaejec

mmjkaejec New commenter

Hello
    You will have a coursework adviser who might help.Contact local schools most D&T teachers are more than willing to help.I teach in Warwickshire if that is close enough to travel.Let nme know.

2. Hi there,
    thanks for getting back to me. I have produced all the coursework on ppt, so could infact email it over to you? As for coursework advisors, mine is absolutely inadequate! Hence approaching the forums for some help.
    Please pm me and I can email you over the ppt, any advise would be gratefully recieved.
    guisseppe

3. Have you got the examplar disc from the moderation meeting?
    It has a number of graded CATs
    PM me if you need any more help
    I'm in Essex

4. HI there,

I have got nothing from the moderators unfortunetly. I have been thrown in at the deep end! Im trying to work out if what Im teaching and marking is accurate against the spec. I have the work on cd as it is a ppt. Any advice gratefully appreciate.

regards
    guissepe

5. Hi,
    I was in a similar situation when I started. I layed all the projects out in what appeared to be be weakest to strongest, then went through each one with the mark scheme, it took a while! You can find the mark scheme starting on page 14 in the specification http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/newgcse/pdf/AQA-4560-W-SP.PDF You need to look this up but I imagine the grade bounderies will be 90% - A* 80% - A 70% - B and so on.
    Get incontact with AQA, I'm sure they will send you another copy of the CD.
    If you're around London you welcome to come over to my school if that would be any help.
    Matt
    EDIT - i just noticed you metioned you are marking against the spec!

6. Hi Matt,
    Cheers for the advice, Been trying to pick my way into AQA, but with no luck. Very tight ship. Moderator is useless also. I'm in Watford, NW London. Would be more than happy to drive to you (as long as your not in Gatwick!). I do have the work on CD, so could send it all to you, or even by email / back up cloud.
    Let me know your thoughts.
    Thanks for offering to go over my work.
    regards
    Guisseppe

7. Hi Guisseppe,
    Have only just picked up this thread so sorry if it's too late .... but I'm in Hillingdon and will help if I can? Would take approx 30 mins to drive to us if you want and we could go over some things withyou if you still need advice. Have been doing this spec for a few years, but teaching for considerably longer.