1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

MOE Teacher Recruitment 2019

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by jcalisasis, Oct 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. sparklesparkle

sparklesparkle Established commenter

You need to upload what the MOE asks you to upload. It's more sensible to read their instructions instead of asking random people on the internet. They may have got it wrong.

2. Amayo_1

Amayo_1 New commenter

[This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]

3. Amayo_1

Amayo_1 New commenter

Maybe you should explain your interest in what is happening with MOE UAE candidates. You don't speak with respect to them and yet you won't leave discussions on the MOE alone.

[This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]

4. sparklesparkle

There we have it folks, the MOE UAE's finest.

5. sparklesparkle

When people are given advice they don't want to hear and respond with name-calling, it only shows they are not mature enough to teach. How would such a person be a role-model for children? How would they work with colleagues? How would they function in a foreign country? If they got into trouble, how would they manage in a country which is not known for accommodating special snowflakes?

6. blue451

blue451 Occasional commenter

And more - how would they cope working in a school which is almost entirely staffed by such people?

sparklesparkle likes this.
  7. ronaldpsoriano

ronaldpsoriano New commenter

Hi guys. I monitored the Philippine recruitment from May 2018 (should be the 1st interview) to September 2018 (no interview held due to lack of screened applicants) to November (2018) due to the same. According to SAMA, MOE UAE needed at least a 100 to successfully hold an interview. They need 250 Filipinos for teaching posts in all English-based subjects. I believe SAMA was not able to meet the quota due to their very strict qualification requirements. If you are screened in, that means you have a high chance of getting the position.

8. ndorohamutioni

ndorohamutioni New commenter

I wouldn't advise you to fly all the way from Nigeria to UAE just to attend MOE interview. I have 2 friends Zimbabweans who flew all the way from Zimbabwe to UAE Sharjah for the MOE interview on 22 September 2018 and still did not make it in the interviews despite being confident they had aced the interview. When we make an introspection we thought that the fact that they were not Arabic speakers and people of the colour could have played against them. These are things which no one will tell you. At times I feel they call people to interviews just to make up numbers whereas they already have a certain profile of people they require. Without sounding negative I would advise you to look for an international school that can interview you on Skype whilst you are in Nigeria and only go to UAE when you have the job offer. If you were a white native speaker it would be something else because those are the people they prefer and Arabic speakers. Painful as it is that's the reality.

binaryhex likes this.
  9. charlottejacks

charlottejacks New commenter

Hi all,

I’m a new English teacher working for the MOE. If anyone would like any advice or to hear about my experience so far please don’t hesitate to message me. :)

Ameena29, ams_x and ndorohamutioni like this.
  10. ndorohamutioni

ndorohamutioni New commenter

Hie Charlotte. What has your experience been like so far?

11. sparklesparkle

New posters can't send messages Charlotte, and I hope you aren't using your real name.

Why are you asking people to message you, in any case? Why can't you describe your experience on the forum?

12. ams_x

ams_x New commenter

Hi Charlotte,

I I’m a recent English graduate and would love to hear more about your experience so far, however I can’t message you as I am a new poster. Can you post about your experience on here ?

I have tried to do my own research, but I’ve noticed how a lot of the posters on here disappear as soon as they move to the UAE so it has been very difficult gaining insight.

13. atifmalik76

atifmalik76 New commenter

Hello to all the candidates aspiring to make it to MOE run public schools. I have also uploaded my documents in the uae portal. In this context I would suggest you to upload the transcripts of your academic degrees.also. I uploaded info and docs on 12th of October 2018 and still the application status shows more documents are required from the candidate. I sent a mail to moe and got a reply to wait, and was told that I will be informed of what document/s are pending.

14. FAnwarF

FAnwarF New commenter

I'm the same. Would love to know your experience but cannot dm you as I am a new poster.

15. FAnwarF

FAnwarF New commenter

if anyone has actually gone over there for the graduate teacher program dm us at @Fazoo_ on twitter pls x

16. sparklesparkle

Why? What's the point?

This forum exists so that teachers can share information. Why do you want people to send you private messages on another forum? Why not just ask your questions here? And who is 'us'? Which organisation do you represent? I'd advise anyone to approach this request with extreme caution.

17. jovieannabao

jovieannabao New commenter

Hello...I am also applying for MOE but I stll need to take the ielts. May I know yiur agency?

18. ronaldpsoriano

I actually went to Sharjah last Nov. 24 and had been subjected to panel interviews, along with 60-70 other applicants in different positions. The final interview consists of an A-level exam (at least for Mathematics), and approximately 15 min of face-to-face Q & As. If you do well in the face-to-face (with demo), you would surely be fine. I received my initial offer in early December, which I believe was a busy month for the Ministry and the agencies as well. I'm in the process of completing my degree attestation and IELTS exam, and sooner I'll be joining the MOE-UAE teachers!

m_hosny_math likes this.
  19. ronaldpsoriano

I've been there and two others I've talked to: one from South Africa and another from India. I'm sure there were a few others.

20. ronaldpsoriano

I had conversations with a lot of applicants during my interview at Sharjah University. I'm telling you most of them would confidently say that they aced the interviews. The interviewer panel consists of British or American subject experts who would most likely consider the applicant's conversational skills more than their subject expertise. Most of the applicants had local accents though conversationally fluent. Luckily, I passed the interview. Btw, it took a day-long process. If you badly wanted the position, at least do a week-simulation of your demo. And yes, study for the exam! I can't say it's very difficult, but some sections were!