1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MOE Teacher Recruitment 2019

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by jcalisasis, Oct 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. jcalisasis

jcalisasis New commenter

Hi! Is there anyone here who's applying for a teaching position in the UAE MOE? In the Philippines, the interview dates on November 10 and 11 are postponed to February 2019. They said that this is due to the limited number of candidates and that agencies need to recruit more applicants. Do you have news on what's happening in your country? By the way, I'm applying for a Maths Teacher position. Thanks for the future responses!

2. sparklesparkle

sparklesparkle Established commenter

*hollow laughter*

JL48 likes this.
  3. Mr_Frosty

Mr_Frosty Occasional commenter

I guess a shortage of candidates is pretty likely but I also think that MoE employees don't have to give notice until the Mid to End of January so they probably don't knwo how many teachers then need to recruit yet.

4. jcalisasis

jcalisasis New commenter

Hi sparklesparkle! Please elaborate your *hollow laughter*. Thanks!

5. jcalisasis

jcalisasis New commenter

I see. I think MOE is used to having bulk applicants from the Philippines.

6. sparklesparkle

Hi jcalisasis! Please elaborate why none of the many MOE threads cluttering up the forum are good enough for you. Why do you all feel the need to start your own individual thread? Thanks!

7. jcalisasis

jcalisasis New commenter

Thanks for your reply! I'm applying for a new school year. There could be changes in their hiring process and I want to hear news from NEW applicants.

8. Amayo_1

Amayo_1 New commenter

Why are you so sarcastic. You don't like the MoE/UAE whatever...we get it!! you don't have to comment pls, its distracting.

Aim4Jannah likes this.
  9. sparklesparkle

Applicants for this scheme all seem to think they are special snowflakes and their circumstances are unique. Threads started by someone else aren't special enough for them, hence the vast number of MOE threads cluttering up the forum. Unless you want to game the system, i.e. ask others to help you cheat, why would you need advice on the hiring process from random strangers? If you want to know about the hiring process, ask whoever is hiring you.

T0nyGT and jcalisasis like this.
  10. Amayo_1

Amayo_1 New commenter

Hi, I'm in the same boat as you. I applied to the Science graduate training program me. I'm from Nigeria and I hope to interview in the UAE. I'm hoping to hear from anyone who applied for the teacher training program me too or interviewing in the UAE.
    I heard there were interviews in India last month and in the UK on the 27th and 28th....please anyone that has been interviewed share your experiences of both the interview and recruitment/shortlist process. Thanks

jcalisasis likes this.
  11. Amayo_1

Amayo_1 New commenter

That is not the point....I have been on a few MOE thread on this website and you are always there with one sarcastic comment or the other. Its tiring.....leave us to make our "mistake" OK.

ayoung227 and jcalisasis like this.
  12. jcalisasis

jcalisasis New commenter

Hi sparklesparkle! I think you don't understand my point here. I'm asking for UPDATES, not for help nor tips, so I'm not like those who are asking for help to cheat.

On the other hand, please reply to other threads where you'll be relevant, not here.

ayoung227 likes this.
  13. sparklesparkle

Hi calisasis! I think you don't understand my point here.

There is no point in asking for updates from other candidates. They will have different qualifications and experience from you and they may fit the recruiter's requirements more or less closely than you do. As a result, their experience of recruitment will be different from yours. You would think this is obvious, but not to MOE UAE applicants.

If you read the other threads on this forum, written by qualified teachers, you will notice that they don't write dozens of posts asking if anyone has heard from the recruiter. They do the sensible thing and contact the recruiter directly. They also ask sensible questions about the role and whether or not they would be suited to it. Strangely enough, this is something that you people never do. They don't clutter up the forum with inane "U heard yet?" contributions or post just for the sake of it.

And by the way, the biggest irrelevance on this forum is the vast number of threads on the same subject, from special snowflakes who think they are unique, and who haven't bothered to read the vast number of posts which are here already.

14. jcalisasis

jcalisasis New commenter

I'm applying as a math teacher and it's frustrating that they postponed the exam and interview next year (plus micro-teaching). My agency just told me that we should use this time to complete our documents and to prepare more for the exam and interview.

15. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

If there is such a big delay would it be possible to get qualified in this time? That way you would be able to cast your net wider and wouldn't be limited to the public schools of the UAE.

I wonder (genuinely, not sarcastically) why there are so many people on here applying and so few people in the schools now to share their experiences

Amayo_1 and sparklesparkle like this.
  16. jcalisasis

jcalisasis New commenter

Hi T0nyGT! Based on what I read from other threads, it's very possible to get accepted by MOE by such time. Anyway, some commenters mentioned about the inconsistency of the MOE in their hiring process. That's why I'm a bit anxious. Well, we don't know what's happening inside the MOE itself.

Yeah. I've also noticed that only a few share their MOE experiences after being accepted. Maybe, it has something to do with coping up with their new lives abroad. I don't know. It's much better to just wait and see.

P.S. Thanks for not being sarcastic.

T0nyGT likes this.
  17. sparklesparkle

My friend's experience of this scheme was being called a female dog by the girls she taught. They also left notes on her desk stating that she was a lady of the night. Obviously those weren't the words they used - the actual words were much less polite. The comments were based on her skin colour, which apparently made her 'dirty'. And unlike these people, she was a qualified teacher with decent behaviour management skills. She did a runner. That's the reason why they don't come back.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    hplovegame48 likes this.
  18. Amayo_1

Amayo_1 New commenter

4 months is too small to get qualified as a teacher, the only good thing about the postponement is the additional time you get to study your subject more, even at that, 4 months is still too long to cover your subject area. But then, the time will roll by before you know. So cheers...keep hope alive.

I believe the UAE will actively recruit for teachers from the Philippines, there are already so many philipinos working (very good jobs too!) in the UAE, I was there for 3months last year.
    I wish they (UAE) or developed countries for that matter come to recruit workers from Nigeria too. We have hundreds of thousands of highly educated young people with no jobs or jobs where they are paid rubbish. Its very sad.

19. Amayo_1

Amayo_1 New commenter

Firstly I'd like to say that I can relate to what your friend went through at the hands of her students....I'm black too, we get that sometimes.....when shallow minded people think that they're better because they are of a certain skin color. Some of us have learnt to brush it off and not let it bother us especially when you consider such actions in the bigger scheme of things. Many people that go to the UAE to work do so because the pay is good, there's no tax, you get international experience/exposure and finally you get to save. So I'd say....the insults can be ignored when you look at your reasons for being there. Then again let's remember we are talking about children here....they don't know any better.....if you as the teacher are able to influence them to view life better than they were taught from where they come from...then good for them, If not, it still doesn't take anything from you....its all in the hands of the student.

When an insult becomes "one to many" ......it means that you have made all the money you wanted to make. Loll

ummarzaman, Mr_Frosty and jcalisasis like this.
  20. Amayo_1

Amayo_1 New commenter