1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MOE Interviews English Graduate - September 2018

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by gorgeous-muna12, Oct 3, 2018.

1. gorgeous-muna12

gorgeous-muna12 New commenter

Hello everyone. So I went for the interview for the MOE English graduate teaching job in the UAE on Saturday afternoon in Manchester (after nearly 5 hours of waiting for a 5-10 minute interview!) The interviewer said that it would take 5 working days to hear a response from them. Just wanted to ask really how long did it take for them to get back to you and do they get back to you even if you were unsuccessful? Thanks in advance!

ams_x likes this.
  2. zdaea

zdaea New commenter

Did anyone attend the one in Sharjah UAE. I’ve heard a few are still waiting to hear back. Has anyone heard anymore yet?

3. sparklesparkle

sparklesparkle Established commenter

That means you won't hear from them until this Friday at the earliest. Hope that helps.

Why do you still want to work for an employer who keeps you waiting for five hours?

4. sparklesparkle

You want to hear what people have heard about the people who haven't heard?

Why are they your concern?

5. roston93

roston93 New commenter

I attended the interview on Saturday 22 September in Sharjah and I have not heard anything yet

6. zdaea

zdaea New commenter

I asked because my friend has been waiting patiently for a reply. He has now had his reply. So anyone else still waiting would know that they should be hearing this week. It’s always good to know whether others are in the same situation. Thanks for your reply!

7. roston93

roston93 New commenter

I have received a reply from my agency and unfortunately I was not successful

8. sparklesparkle

Why is it any of your business?

9. koko777

koko777 New commenter

Hi everyone,

I also attended the interviews on Saturday September 22nd in Sharjah for Health Science position and still haven't heard anything back from the agency. The told me they would get back in 10-15 business days which means I should have received a reply by now.

To roston93 and zdaea do you guys have any more info about the results from the interview on the 22nd?

10. sparklesparkle

You need to contact the agency.

Other interviewees can't tell you whether you've been hired or not.

T0nyGT likes this.
  11. zdaea

zdaea New commenter

My friend was the week after you and has heard back. Contact the agency for an update. They should have heard by now. But also last year another friend who was successful got a reply after 4 weeks. Just drop your agency an email as you’ve waited long enough. They can chase it up for you. All the best.

12. koko777

koko777 New commenter

Hi Zdaea,

Thank you for the reply. I have been constantly in touch with my agency back in the UK but they don't have any information as of yet. I am starting to get concerned. My interview and test both went relatively well I'm presuming and hearing that other people in the same boat have got replies except me has me wondering.

Are people who are successful and inside the UAE - do they start work immediately? I would hate to get a job offer then have to wait around several more weeks again for further finalizations. Any more info you could provide would be appreciated!

13. koko777

koko777 New commenter

Does anyone have any feedback?

Its feels like this is taking forever.

14. Tristantempest

Tristantempest New commenter

Hi Can you please tell me what kind of questions they asked?

15. Tristantempest

HI Can anyone tell me what to expect at an MOE English teacher interview held in the UK? What kind of questions will they ask? What sort of lesson plan is best to demonstrate? How long is the interview process? Thank you

16. sparklesparkle

Not only did you repeat your question twice, you did so on three separate threads.

You are hoping to move to the Middle East and take up a job for which, if you're like the other applicants, you have no training.

In such a situation, you will need to have bags of initiative, resilience and self-reliance.

The answer to your question is provided in the OP. What kind of questions would you expect to be asked in a 5-10 minute interview? They are unlikely to be in-depth questions about teaching, don't you think? If you're looking to be spoonfed the interview questions and the lesson plan, I hope no-one obliges you. Firstly, you are asking others to help you cheat. And secondly, anyone who needs that level of help for a 5-10 minute interview should be asking themselves how they would manage to teach in a ME country.

17. Tristantempest

18. sparklesparkle

You ask people to help you cheat in an interview. When it's pointed out to you that this is wrong, you become abusive.

How would you react to a teacher colleague who told you the same thing? Are you sure this is the job for you?

19. ams_x

ams_x New commenter

Hi, I just sent off my application for the English Graduate teaching position and I’m waiting for the interview. I Would love to hear about your experience so far. Are you a recent graduate or qualified teacher ?

20. sparklesparkle

You do not get an interview just because you've send off an application form.

In this case, it's a blessing.