1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MOE Interview 2018

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by conch542, Jan 28, 2018.

1. conch542

conch542 New commenter

Hello people... I had an interview with UAE MOE today in Manchester, I’m just wondering how people felt it went. They said it would be 10 working days Until we find out if successful or not. However my actual interview was only 10 mins, did anyone else have the same experience or have had this in the past?

Also, does anyone know how their selection process works. I.E is it solely down to the interview or are the majority of decisions made prior to interview?

Thanks

2. Sloth_91

Sloth_91 New commenter

What did your interview comprise of?

3. conch542

conch542 New commenter

It begins with a subject specific exam which lasted for about an hour or so... then you are directed to wait before being called in for your interview...

It consisted of a micro teach episode for about 5 mins then followed by the usual specific questions such as why do you want to teach in the UAE etc

4. roamingteacher

roamingteacher Established commenter Forum guide

Intense!

Good luck!

5. SHYB1

SHYB1 New commenter

I had an interview with the MOE in London the day before you. I heard that some people get the confirmation emails within 3 days (usually the people that actually get the job) but I guess we'll see.

6. honestandy

honestandy New commenter

yes i attended it also....found it a waste of time and money, very strange setup, i just felt it was going to be pot luck....what can you lose if you spend 20 pounds on petrol and 10 pounds for parking.....my interview was also 10mins.....very strange questions....no real meaning to the questions.....therefore i am not holding my breath.....if i get it then i will see what the actual offer is like.....if i dont get it....then 'stuff em'

7. conch542

conch542 New commenter

They told all of us 10 working days and we will find out either way... have you heard anything back yet?

Akin17 likes this.
  8. Akin17

Akin17 New commenter

Hey guys.
    Hope you all had a good interview.

I am wondering if anybody has had their results back yet?, also dose anyone know anybody who has secured a position and is currently working for the MoE?

9. fatima2021

fatima2021 New commenter

Hello everyone,

I faced the interview in London too. Just wondering if anyone has heard back.

Thanks

10. Akin17

Akin17 New commenter

I had mine in Manchester the day after, my agency said we should hear back this week.

How was your interview and what position are you going for if you don’t mind me asking?

ayoung227 likes this.
  11. doostdashtaney

doostdashtaney New commenter

Has anyone applied for Maths teaching position?

12. ferngully08

ferngully08 New commenter

I have and I’m due to fly out in April.
    I was part of the January interview batch in London

13. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

I still don't understand why people are ignoring every single piece of available advice and going for these.

dumbbells66 likes this.
  14. umaralikhan

umaralikhan New commenter

i have got the job too, still waiting for a mobilisation date, my interview was in London in March.

15. WukongMonkeyKing

WukongMonkeyKing New commenter

What do you mean exactly? I haven't seen any available advice? Care to share?

16. ayoung227

ayoung227 New commenter

17. ayoung227

ayoung227 New commenter

I interviewed Manchester in March to my agency in the UAE said possiable mobilisation 29 April I don't hold out much hope as I have just sent back my attested doc's to the agency. How is it going for you? I haven't handed my notice yet so many variables it's a nightmare! Good luck with your process

18. pjs0124

pjs0124 New commenter

Hi, I have an interview with the MoE in London next weekend for a Physical Education and Health Graduate role in the UAE. The role comes with a salary of £41,000, but no accommodation is included in the package.
    However, since receiving my interview date, and after having read through several forums, I am starting to question working for the MoE. I have read an awful lot of negative comment and feedback on this, but not necessarily for people that work or have worked in MoE government schools. I would be very grateful to hear from anyone that is willing to share their MoE experience or knowledge with me / offer any advice.
    Many thanks!

jamzy578 likes this.
  19. umaralikhan

umaralikhan New commenter

DBS is holding me back now, they take forever, so looks like I will be here for a while before I get to go out there. Patience is the key here.

20. anisah193

anisah193 New commenter

Hi! Did you get the offer?