1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MoE December 2019

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by oumselma, Nov 28, 2018.

1. oumselma

oumselma New commenter

Hi,

I have received a message saying that they will be a event in London very soon.

Could you please advise on how to prepare and what to bring ?

Also, is it ok to bring along my kids ?

Do you think it is a good way to secure jobs? Are they interviewing you there ?

Excuse my silly questions...

Thanks

oumselma

2. EAPoe

EAPoe New commenter

If it's through teach away they should tell you what to do to prepare. My husband works for the MOE and he had to write a lesson plan to then explain to them, do an exam based upon his subject and then the interview, which he said was very easy. Just basic questions mainly focusing on EAL, differentiation and behaviour management.

If it is the same as my husband's I went with him and no one had children there.
    Good luck

3. sparklesparkle

sparklesparkle Established commenter

I find it hard to excuse your silly questions. Why isn't this thread good enough for you?
    https://community.tes.com/threads/moe-teacher-recruitment-2019.782615/
    Or this one?
    https://community.tes.com/threads/uae-moe-interview-march.771496/page-21#post-12676096
    Why does everyone applying for this scheme need to have their own thread? Have you considered reading any of the others before starting your own?

The best way to prepare for a recruitment event is to read the information provided by the recruiter. Have you actually considered doing this?

The recruiter will tell you what you need to bring. Again, you need to read the information provided.

Is it ok to take your kids to recruitment event??? Are you serious?

It's only a good way to secure a job if they are actively recruiting. Once again, you need to read the information provided and contact them if it isn't clear.

You need to ask the recruiter whether they are interviewing. Have you considered doing this?

Posters on an internet forum can't answer these questions. Surely it would have been a better use of your time to e-mail the recruiter directly?

4. oumselma

oumselma New commenter

Thank you for your reply sparklesparkle, even though you did not have to answer my silly questions ...
    I am very new in looking for a job or in this forum in general ...

I haven't received the advert from a recruiter but just on whats app from some friends, so I wouldn't know who to contact....

About the kids, I don't know how it is going to be and I was picturing it as a big job fair... I am from France and there, you can bring along your family and there is like a nursery for toddlers, a few tables where they sell foods etc.... That's why I was asking .

Thank you for the links I will have a look asap.

oumselma

5. sparklesparkle

Surely the ad must have some information on it? Or contact details for the recruiter?

Is this a wind-up?

What are you going to do with your kids if you actually get the job?

6. oumselma

oumselma New commenter

The message came from S**kT**ch*rs, I have emailed them and I am waiting for their answer.

I don't really get your question about my kids; I am currently working full time at the moment and my children go to school. I guess it would be the same abroad...

7. sparklesparkle

Yeah, it's going to be just the same abroad...o_O

Do the MOE UAE pay school fees? Somehow, I doubt it.

So your kids will be fine in a local school, where they and you will need fluent Arabic? Is it even possible for western, non-Muslims to get a place?

8. oumselma

oumselma New commenter

Not from them , seekt**ch*rs it was.

Thank you for your reply though

9. sparklesparkle

You seem to be replying to someone on a different thread.

What are you going to do with your kids? To say the least, you haven't thought this through.

10. uzairtoniaziz

uzairtoniaziz New commenter

ncaaaw shame . Looks like you never get the job from the Ministry so you put down everyone. Hope you enjoy your sour grapes.

11. Noof111

Noof111 New commenter

Any one interviewed on August 2019 got result from MOE