1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Modules Studied During Degree

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Jojosmile, Jun 7, 2011.

1. When I applied (primary) on GTTR I didnt think they asked, correct me if I'm wrong, however I also applied direct to a University and I had to state a breakdown of what I studied at degree level. You have to show the relevance of your degree to teaching. If you are doing secondary then you have to have between 50 % - 75 % of your teaching subject within your degree, some Universities want 75 % others lower. Hope this helps

2. I definately had to break down my degree into how many % of my degree each unit/subject was on the GTTR application!

3. They do ask a breakdown of what you studied. I know some people who only write one thing though, e.g. ENGLISH 100%. I think the purpose is to help the identify gaps in knowledge, for example if you took an English language degree but applying for a PGCE in English, it may look like you studies no engligh literature. This is your opportunity to exhibit what you have studied (e.g. 10% may have been in English Lit, you might have done some other modules from other departments which could strengthen (or weaken) your application)
    My degree was in Zoology and I gave a rough breakdown of modules including Ecology, Paleobiology, Statistics, Ethics, ICT etc which showed that my degree was more then looking at animals!
    I would suggest if your applying for RE you want to do as much RE related modules as possible?
    Hope this helps?