1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Modification order anyone?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by nolu, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Hiya,

Just wondered if anyone has any experience of how these babies work.

I am chasing a possible redundancy payment, to which I may or may not be entitled depending on whether the modification order is legally enforcible and can force my new employer (an academy, outside of LEA control) to recognise my service within the local council, my previous employer.

I'm twixt in between a the moment as my old employer are saying the RMO means they don't have to pay me a redundancy payment as my 5 long gruelling years with them 'count' in my new job, yet my new employer says they don't, and they won't.

So... does anybody know whether RMOs are properly, legally enforcible? I have lodged a post employment grievance with my old employer, but if they come back to me and say the RMO means they don't have to pay me nada, what recourse do I have to "force" my new employer to recognise my previous years of service? I have also sought union help with this, thought I'm not sure how much help they can offer.

2. Hiya,

Just wondered if anyone has any experience of how these babies work.

I am chasing a possible redundancy payment, to which I may or may not be entitled depending on whether the modification order is legally enforcible and can force my new employer (an academy, outside of LEA control) to recognise my service within the local council, my previous employer.

I'm twixt in between a the moment as my old employer are saying the RMO means they don't have to pay me a redundancy payment as my 5 long gruelling years with them 'count' in my new job, yet my new employer says they don't, and they won't.

So... does anybody know whether RMOs are properly, legally enforcible? I have lodged a post employment grievance with my old employer, but if they come back to me and say the RMO means they don't have to pay me nada, what recourse do I have to "force" my new employer to recognise my previous years of service? I have also sought union help with this, thought I'm not sure how much help they can offer.