1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Modern Foreign Languages ( French & Spanish) GTP

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by isaferrand, Jun 22, 2008.

1. I am trying to find a school prepared to take me for a GTP in MFL in London.

I am a 34 year old native French speaker .

Has anyone done a GTP in languages or is anyone doing it currently?

I'd like some advice about the best way to find a school to sponsor me. Also, can anyone give me some insight into the training itself. I want to apply for secondary school teaching.

I'm willing to teach in an inner city London school. Does anyone have any experience on how competitive the GTP language placements are?

Any advices welcome!!

Thanks !

2. I am trying to find a school prepared to take me for a GTP in MFL in London.

I am a 34 year old native French speaker .

Has anyone done a GTP in languages or is anyone doing it currently?

I'd like some advice about the best way to find a school to sponsor me. Also, can anyone give me some insight into the training itself. I want to apply for secondary school teaching.

I'm willing to teach in an inner city London school. Does anyone have any experience on how competitive the GTP language placements are?

Any advices welcome!!

Thanks !

3. There are also providers who will find the school for you if you are successful at interview with them.

The King Edward's Consortium, Edgbaston, Birmingham, trains teachers in French. Spanish, German and Urdu.

Apply directly to the Consortium at www.teachkec.org.uk to be considered for a salaried training place. If successful, you will be recommended for employment in one of the 19 schools in the partnership.

4. Hello there,
    GTP are highly competitive regardless of the subjects. All i can say is try not to waist time if you haven't hear from at least 20 schools. start thinking of the PGCE instead. I have tried it for almost a for years and gave up, and took the PGCE as a result.
    bonne chance mon frere