1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Modern Classical Piano music-Helen Long and Einaudi

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by anon740, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Hello everyone!

Today, I downloaded 3 Helen Jane Long singles that I haven't heard before (The aviators, Breath and Drift) from itunes. I fell in love with the songs! In fact, I've fallen in love with Helen Jane Long's music as it sounds so much like Einaudi's (and both composers have the knack of creating music which tells a good story and lifts my mood).

I wondered if anyone else on here has heard of and likes these 2 composers, or any others who write similar piano music? If so, what are your favourite songs and why?

MsB

2. Hello everyone!

Today, I downloaded 3 Helen Jane Long singles that I haven't heard before (The aviators, Breath and Drift) from itunes. I fell in love with the songs! In fact, I've fallen in love with Helen Jane Long's music as it sounds so much like Einaudi's (and both composers have the knack of creating music which tells a good story and lifts my mood).

I wondered if anyone else on here has heard of and likes these 2 composers, or any others who write similar piano music? If so, what are your favourite songs and why?

MsB