1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moderator clarification??

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by dluck1, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Having just been moderated on OCr unit 21 the moderator stated he was not happy that the navigation bar did not contain graphics. My question is has anyone else had this experience? Apparently a simple vector graphic when making the nav_bar is not sufficient. "the students need to use an image" was the advice "such as an of a house on the home button". When I raised the point that this was not common practice on business website design, no further advice was given. Anyone like to share how they overcome this please?

2. Having just been moderated on OCr unit 21 the moderator stated he was not happy that the navigation bar did not contain graphics. My question is has anyone else had this experience? Apparently a simple vector graphic when making the nav_bar is not sufficient. "the students need to use an image" was the advice "such as an of a house on the home button". When I raised the point that this was not common practice on business website design, no further advice was given. Anyone like to share how they overcome this please?

3. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

Ours is usually good and discussions take place which are generally supportive.

4. What do you expect from OCR Nationals? With the marking its a case of adding something irrespective of whether it is relevant or not.

5. My experience of challenging a moderator's decision has been that OCR support the moderator. Our moderator suddenly decided in June that in order to get an overall distinction in Unit 1 Skills for business, the students HAD to get at least a merit in both AO2 and AO4, having met most fo the criteria within those objective gradings. So DP(with most of the merit and distinction criteria met) DDDD or DDDP (with most of the merit and distinction criteria met) DD does not give a student an overall Distinction. It does not state this anywhere in the documentation.