1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moderation

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gpporgie, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Are all posts on personal moderated now? I haven't posted for a while and just tried to post, only to be greeted with a moderation message. I have posted since moderation began without being moderated. What is the deal?
    I have posted a few times in the past, although, admittedly I am a bit of a lurker. How long do I have to be moderated for? Or is it because I included a link? All answers welcome!
    Edit: Well, I guess this answered my own question a bit, as this post was not moderated. So, posts with links are moderated then?

2. Are all posts on personal moderated now? I haven't posted for a while and just tried to post, only to be greeted with a moderation message. I have posted since moderation began without being moderated. What is the deal?
    I have posted a few times in the past, although, admittedly I am a bit of a lurker. How long do I have to be moderated for? Or is it because I included a link? All answers welcome!
    Edit: Well, I guess this answered my own question a bit, as this post was not moderated. So, posts with links are moderated then?

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

4. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Lead commenter

I have a second account which i created fairly recently. My posts on personal for that account seem to be moderated, but nothing else. It doesn't half make me look stupid when I write a reply to someone's post and it only appears pages later after the mods have got to it the next day!

5. moonpenny

moonpenny Occasional commenter

I started a thread on opinion this morning and it was premoderated - made me feel like not bothering anymore .
    Afterall I have only been posting here for 11 years. I'd have done less time for commiting a crime!
    Not sure I can be ***** if Tes is going to be so bloody persnickety and control freakery.
    It's like being back at school.

6. Established posters aren't usually premoderated. Either you've done something to be sanctioned (they usually tell you) or what you posted was a bit dubious, a mod spotted it and took action. That latter is just moderation not premoderation.

7. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Not in my case!
    According to Bev's reply to my query they are carrying out an anti spam experiment and it is affecting accounts they didn't expect it to. Mine is not a moderated account and shouldn't have had a problem

8. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

Maybe there's a trigger that gets pulled dependant on the time between the last post and the one you're trying to make.
    It would be better if all these mysteries were explained.