1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

moderation standardisation exercise

Discussion in 'Primary' started by westlondon, Mar 18, 2012.

1. I am due to complete a standardistion exercise as part of an application to become a KS2 writing moderator tomorow. Does anyone know what this might involve? It last for an hour and a half. Just told that applicants to be moderators will have to complete a standardistaion exercise set by the STA.

2. I am due to complete a standardistion exercise as part of an application to become a KS2 writing moderator tomorow. Does anyone know what this might involve? It last for an hour and a half. Just told that applicants to be moderators will have to complete a standardistaion exercise set by the STA.

3. luffenham

luffenham New commenter

If its the same as the one Ive just done, really nothing to worry about for anyone experienced in levelling across Levels 3 to 5. WE were given level descriptors for sentence structure and punc, text and organisation, content and ....cant remember what the e stands (too much mothers day wine!) Then given 7 different scripts to give a level - just single levels no sublevels. It was okay...a couple made me really think but others very straightforward. Hope that helps [​IMG]

4. Hi I am going for the same and wondered if the levelling was okay did you think that we are harsh markers or we ned to behrsh markers? what do you mean by a couple made you really think?
    any tips? I have a series of interview after hte standardisation tests did you ave too, what type of questions did they ask?
    thansk for your help

5. luffenham

luffenham New commenter

Mine was last year so I dont know if it will be similar at all. We certainly didnt have any interviews but then as a small area we all know each other anyway!
    Last year there were some that were clear cut 3, 4 and 5 and to be honest could have levelled even withiut the descriptors, but there were a couple that sat on borderlines, so I had to really lookat what they were able to do
    Hope that helps...but it could all be different this time. Im not sure anyone knows what they are doing this year, do they?