1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moderation and User Behaviour-FAO TesBev and the rest of the Tes Admin Team

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by anon740, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Hello
    I've noticed that posts on the opinion and personal forums have to be approved by you before they appear. My questions are:
    1. Why did you introduce this policy?
    2. Are there plans to apply this policy to all forums?
    The reason why I'm asking this question is because on the supply teacher and cover supervisor forums in particular, there are now several users who frequently abuse the tes nettiquette, terms and conditions and code of conduct, yet nothing appears to be done about it, apart from users on these forums being even nastier to each other! I accept that you can't monitor users 24/7 and that other users can report particular instances of nasty behaviour to you, but I feel that this type of nasty behaviour is increasing and becoming intolerable, so that many users are now decamping to other teaching forums which are more harmonious and less threatening!

Thanks
    MsB

2. Hello
    I've noticed that posts on the opinion and personal forums have to be approved by you before they appear. My questions are:
    1. Why did you introduce this policy?
    2. Are there plans to apply this policy to all forums?
    The reason why I'm asking this question is because on the supply teacher and cover supervisor forums in particular, there are now several users who frequently abuse the tes nettiquette, terms and conditions and code of conduct, yet nothing appears to be done about it, apart from users on these forums being even nastier to each other! I accept that you can't monitor users 24/7 and that other users can report particular instances of nasty behaviour to you, but I feel that this type of nasty behaviour is increasing and becoming intolerable, so that many users are now decamping to other teaching forums which are more harmonious and less threatening!

Thanks
    MsB

3. Hi
    We introduced it to combat the trolls and abuse taking place in two of our busiest forums and after offensive posts in the pregnancy forum.
    This is how it works:
    The personal and pregnancy forums are set as moderated but this will only affect new user accounts which are also set as moderated. If a user account is not set as moderated, they will still be able to post.
    The Opinion forum is set as moderated during out of office hours. Again this will only affect newer accounts.
    If there are problems in any of the forums, please report the posts in question by clicking 'Report abuse' and we will look into it.
    Our moderation policy
    Thanks.