1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moderated forum messages

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by marlin, Apr 5, 2012.

1. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Hi Bev
    I've been posting on the forums for quite some time but have started getting this message on some of my posts:
    'This is a moderated forum. Your message will not appear until it has been moderated ..' or words to this effect.
    It happened the first time last night when I posted 2 messages in Personal about toasters. One of my posts appeared this morning - the other (which said almost exactly the same as I tried again after I'd had the message) has never appeared. My post only contained links to sites such as Amazon and John Lewis where the OP might find toasters that beeped!
    This is the thread:
    http://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/566482.aspx
    During the course of the day I have been able to post as usual, but this evening when I posted a message in Primary, giving somebody advice about teaching music linked to the sea - I got the same moderation message again.
    This is the thread:
    http://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/566787.aspx
    Is it a blip? Perhaps TES doesn't like my computer? [​IMG]
    As far as I know I haven't broken any netiquette rules and I am trusted to be a member of the TES panel.
    Can you advise?
    Thank you.

2. marlin

Hi Bev
    I've been posting on the forums for quite some time but have started getting this message on some of my posts:
    'This is a moderated forum. Your message will not appear until it has been moderated ..' or words to this effect.
    It happened the first time last night when I posted 2 messages in Personal about toasters. One of my posts appeared this morning - the other (which said almost exactly the same as I tried again after I'd had the message) has never appeared. My post only contained links to sites such as Amazon and John Lewis where the OP might find toasters that beeped!
    This is the thread:
    https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/566482.aspx
    During the course of the day I have been able to post as usual, but this evening when I posted a message in Primary, giving somebody advice about teaching music linked to the sea - I got the same moderation message again.
    This is the thread:
    https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/566787.aspx
    Is it a blip? Perhaps TES doesn't like my computer? [​IMG]
    As far as I know I haven't broken any netiquette rules and I am trusted to be a member of the TES panel.
    Can you advise?
    Thank you.

3. Hi
    Sorry you have been inconvenienced in this way but it's part of an anti spam experiment which will affect posts with links. I can see that both your posts are live in the forum.

4. marlin

Thank you Bev - I really had no idea what was going on!
    I often give helpful links to people asking for advice - particularly on the Primary forum - am I likely to be really troubled by this experiment? Is there a maximum number of links that triggers the moderation? (perhaps you wouldn't want to reveal this in forum though [​IMG] )
    I think the most confusing aspect is that the post, once moderated, is put into the original time slot - not the time slot of when the moderators decide to publish it.
    Yes they are now - after quite some delay. The OPs were not aware - unless I told them (which I did in a PM to one) that a message with very useful info was delayed! Waiting until the next day for the message to appear seems like an extraordinarily long time.

5. I didn't think it would affect non moderated user accounts. Yours is not moderated. I have tinkered with the setting some more but obviously I cannot divulge these openly as I am sure you will understand. The delay would have only been because of the timing of when you posted ie evening when there is nobody to allow the post through. You could always PM the links if it happens again.

6. marlin

Thank you Bev.
    I totally understand.

Happy Easter!

7. and a Happy Easter to you too [​IMG]