1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Modelling Ideas for Primary Science

Discussion in 'Primary' started by voiceoftruthandwisdom526, Nov 21, 2019.

1. voiceoftruthandwisdom526

voiceoftruthandwisdom526 New commenter

Hi all,

Recently, our staff meetings have been about the modelling and scaffolding methods we can use in the classroom (Rosenshine). Primarily this has been focused on Reading, Writing and Maths. However, as subject leaders we have now been asked to think up how modelling can be used within our subjects so that we can present back to the other teachers.

In spite of sitting through all the meetings and understanding the principles we have discussed, I have found myself drawing a blank with this task. Whatever I think of, it only seems relevant to the year group I teach, and wouldn't help any of the other teachers with their science teaching.

I'm hoping that some of you fine people can give me some ideas that, even if I need to follow up and research myself, will give me something to talk about! I want to be helpful to my colleagues, but I'm really, really struggling to figure out how!

TIA!