1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mock Roast

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by grandelle, Aug 14, 2019.

1. grandelle

grandelle New commenter

Does anyone have a recipe for mock roast using minced beef, with an onion gravy? I used to make this years ago from a recipe in Nice ‘n’ Easy monthly magazine. All I remember is that there was brown sugar in it?

Can anyone help please? If not, perhaps someone has an alternative recipe?

Thanks for reading.

2. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

3. grandelle

grandelle New commenter

Thank you very much for taking the time to look that up, primarycat. Looks good but the recipe I lost didn’t have so many ingredients & was way easier to prepare & cook. I guess I’ll just have to keep look for something similar. Really appreciate your posting.

primarycat likes this.
  4. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

If it has to be that recipe and no other will do it for you then you could buy again a secondhand copy of the Nice 'n' Easy magazine. All editions are for sale on this site, not expensive. Scroll right to the bottom and there's an Index edition, you might have to buy that first to find which edition has your recipe, then buy the one you want. A bit convoluted but should get you there eventually

https://www.partworks.co.uk/nice-n-easy-64-c.asp