1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mobile technology in teaching help

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by stusam81, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Hi.

I work in FE and I'm putting together a presentation exploring recent developments (last 3 year to present day), in regards to the increasing use of mobile technologies and their place within the classroom learning environment and wondered what people's thoughts were on this? What are peoples favourite mobile tech tools and apps for teaching media, design and technology?

It's an area with massive potential but is highly under utilised in my college and I'm trying to highlight the exciting developments that have recently occurred in regards to mobile technology and teaching.

Thanks for any ideas you share, I look forward to reading your suggestions.

2. The first, and most obvious to me, is the use of pupil's phones to take pictures of coursework etc which they then email to their school account. Cuts out the middle man (woman) and gives them ownership of the work.