1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mobile phone help again please

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gorgybaby, Aug 9, 2011.

1. I have a brand-new Orange Vegas phone. I have charged it and can switch it on. When it comes on it says Three new messages (no idea how, as no one has the number, not even me), and on the bottom left there is an unlock message. When you click on the button it says Please press right softkey to coninue. When you do that it says Phone is locked! Please press left softkey to unlock . I have no idea how to proceed but fear I will have to buy a top-up voucher. Not a great problem but as it won't be used for calls I would rather save a tenner if possible. Please cna anyoe help or advise?

2. I have a brand-new Orange Vegas phone. I have charged it and can switch it on. When it comes on it says Three new messages (no idea how, as no one has the number, not even me), and on the bottom left there is an unlock message. When you click on the button it says Please press right softkey to coninue. When you do that it says Phone is locked! Please press left softkey to unlock . I have no idea how to proceed but fear I will have to buy a top-up voucher. Not a great problem but as it won't be used for calls I would rather save a tenner if possible. Please cna anyoe help or advise?

3. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I don't know that particular model, but do you need to press the two keys simultaneously to unlock the keys? Or in rapid succession?

The three messages will be service messages updating your settings etc from Orange. You'll need to read them, delete them then switch off and on again.

4. The messages will be from Orange welcoming you to the network and telling you how to top up. The locking/unlocking thing is simply the keypad lock to stop you hitting buttons accidentally and phoning someone by mistake when it's in your bag/pocket. You just need to press the "unlock keypad" combination. It's usually two keys - probably the "return" key and the left softkey you mentioned. DON'T PANIC! I do wonder why you have a phone if not to use it at all?

5. The messages will be from Orange, when you access them you may have to delete them and then turn the phone on and off again. Its just to do with the account set up and activation. The lock is just the keypad/phone lock, you must have to push 2 buttons just after each other to unlock the phone, its nothing to do with credit. I don't have that phone so I can't help much but look at the manual to see what you push, it's normally a central button followed by one that has something like a padlock on it. You can turn phone locks off in the settings but beware, if you do this you may end up accidentally calling people from your pocket!

6. You beat me to it :)

7. Dunnit!! Thank you dears, I knew you would know!

8. How do I take a photo though??

9. lilachardy

You're welcome.

10. lilachardy

Press the camera button, at a guess, which may be on the right hand side of the phone...

Do you have a manual with it?

11. Go to the menu and there should be an icon labelled 'camera' or 'multimedia'.

12. No, there was no manual in the box. It just has a little booklet to help you decide which tarif you want. There is a button at the side, but I can't work out what it does!

13. I think I have got it , thank you. I can now see around me (really really needs a tidy-up!) and just need to work out how to take and send. No doubt my next thread...!
    Thanks ever so much.

14. lilachardy

The biggest button will probably take a picture for you!

Might it not have been easier to buy a camera?

15. I was thinking that. You'll need credit to send a photo to someone...

16. http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/orange-vegas-606531/review?artc_pg=1

This is page one of six - you can scroll to the next at the bottom, there's lots of info about general use.

17. lilachardy

Only if you send it by mms - if you use bluetooth or upload to a computer and email it, you don't!