1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mobile Broadband- data allowance?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by SleighBelle, Feb 25, 2011.

1. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

I'm looking at buying MiFi to hook my iPad up to the internet when I'm away from home. It's a wifi-only iPad so don't have the option of getting a 3G contract and sim for it.
    However, the data allowance options are baffling to me. If I want to browse the net, check email, watch clips on youtube and download a few apps, how much am I likely to need? It starts at 1GB then 3, 5, 12 and 15GB.
    Any advice gratefully received!

2. SleighBelle

I'm looking at buying MiFi to hook my iPad up to the internet when I'm away from home. It's a wifi-only iPad so don't have the option of getting a 3G contract and sim for it.
    However, the data allowance options are baffling to me. If I want to browse the net, check email, watch clips on youtube and download a few apps, how much am I likely to need? It starts at 1GB then 3, 5, 12 and 15GB.
    Any advice gratefully received!

3. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

i have 3g pay as you go for my ipad, and 1gb is enough for 30 days (which is the time limit on my top ups)you'll be able to access free wifi in some places as well.

4. SleighBelle

Thanks, emily. Do you have mifi from 3?

5. laffal0t

laffal0t New commenter

I also have a wifi dongle from 3 that is payg and have so far found it fine.