1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mobile apps for supply teachers

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Alice_steph, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Alice_steph

Alice_steph New commenter

Hi Guys, has anyone used any of the new supply teacher mobile apps?? I've just moved to London and wondered whether anyone has found placements through them and if they are worth signing up to? Thanks!

zen234533 likes this.
  2. nearmiss

nearmiss Lead commenter

By all accounts they are not picking up much business. They promise to pay a little more than some agencies but the agencies have a very strong stranglehold on the supply sector now.
    Still it might be worth signing up; what have you got to lose?

3. zen234533

zen234533 New commenter

Hi Alice, which ones are you considering?

4. Alice_steph

Alice_steph New commenter

Shame they aren't picking up much business, I thought it would be easier than signing up through an agency,
    I've just moved over from Australia, and one of my friends there was using an app I think it was called Teacherin. I think it's just come to the UK. Otherwise I thinking Supply Register or TeachersRegister. There actually seems to be so many to choose from and I don't know which one are the biggest/best?!

5. ikoxikox

ikoxikox New commenter

I think Teachers Register are one of the largest - spoke to one of their guys at BETT in January.

6. smithjen370

smithjen370 New commenter

I was quite sceptical as well, until I recently came across a company called SupplyNow at an event in London. They got me my first job in less than a day, so I can't complain as they certainly exceeded my expectations.

7. bounceback

bounceback Occasional commenter

I have signed up with TeacherIn as although it's not in my area yet I am hoping it will be in the future. I think the more of us that sign up with them the more likely schools will start using them. I don't know how they sell themselves to schools , but the schools I have been in lately don't seem to have heard of them. They do seem to be a better proposition than the agencies. Another I've heard mentioned is TeacherBooker.

8. bounceback

bounceback Occasional commenter

I've seen TeacherIn advertising on the indeed jobsite for the North and East London areas, so maybe it's beginning to take off? It does look a much better option than the agencies.
    Hopefully it will spread to more areas soon.

9. Jolly_Roger1

Jolly_Roger1 Star commenter

I joined up with Teacher Register, Teacher In, and Teacher Booker but I heard nothing more after I registered.

10. jen018

jen018 New commenter

Have you tried SupplyNow? I joined up with them recently and got my first job in no time. A member of their team got in touch with me right after I downloaded their app and registered.

11. baxterbasics

baxterbasics Senior commenter

Can somebody briefly summarise how these aps work?

12. thewritingsupply

thewritingsupply Occasional commenter

Pretty much don’t in my experience.

baxterbasics likes this.
  13. Jolly_Roger1

Jolly_Roger1 Star commenter

Yes, I have. Nothing from them, though.

14. jdttwp

jdttwp New commenter

I recently joined the Opogo app and they are brilliant so far. A friend who used their partner agency Thames Teachers recommended me and I'm really impressed. They've had had me out most days since I registered.

pepper5 likes this.