1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

moany,moany EMPLOYED teachers

Discussion in 'Primary' started by SIRFRANK, Mar 29, 2011.

1. I think the OP should wind their neck in regarding people on this site and go back to living in cloud cuckoo land where everything in teaching is rosy shiny and happy clappy. If people didnt moan and et unions earning their corn then I would be very very worried.

2. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

I think you need to have a good old moan about application forms then!
    Isn't moaning half the fun? I do love my job, I certainly wouldn't want to be stuck behind a desk all day, and being there to see those "lightbulb" moments for a child and knowing that you were the one that caused that lightbulb to come on is arguably the greatest job satisfaction in the world.
    BUT I certainly don't love the paperwork, the sneaky observations disguised as "learning walks", bullying middle managers (bullying managers for that matter), runny noses wiped on sleeves and then across my skirt as it is tugged to get my attention, a cloakroom that reeks so much of feet that I need to keep all the windows open in my classroom and round about this time of year is when my class (year 6) either need deodorant and haven't discovered it yet or they don't need it but drown themselves in Lynx anyway.
    Phew, sorry, didn't mean for it to turn into a moan! It is all completely worth it, if only for the things that children say. Last week, when discussing percentages and VAT, I asked what the government needed taxes to pay for. I couldn't help myself from laughing at the reply:
    "Duck houses."