1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MN exiles

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Endeavour1, May 13, 2020.

1. escorchio

escorchio New commenter

Hello everyone. I've been on MN for as long as I can remember, and usually found it a light hearted and interesting diversion for over a cup of tea. In the last two days I've had a horribly snippy reply to a report "we think it is not goady" and of course the official reprimand last night, which has really upset me. I feel like lots of other little things in this new world, stepping away from there has to be a really positive change for me.

Lovely to see you all!

Endeavour1 likes this.
  2. escorchio

escorchio New commenter

A friend had miniatures of rhubarb and ginger gin as favours at her wedding. It was lovely! I have not tried sucking it out of a cushion though. Something to add to the "to do" list.

ConiCharli likes this.
  3. annamurphy20111

annamurphy20111 New commenter

I'm trying a judicious name change. Apologies for using you all as my guinea pigs...

Nope. Failed. Can anyone help?

4. Billybobob

Billybobob New commenter

I'm not getting much back from MNHQ other than "we are looking in to it, please report" etc.

escorchio likes this.
  5. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Hello there, all of you MN refugees. :)
    There are places on TES you don't want to go to too. However a lot of us are lovely people and are happy to see some old/new posters. :):):)

Makes me want to see this there Lily. :mad:

6. FredBloggsScience

FredBloggsScience New commenter

Right, gosh this has changed since I was last here!
    This is my new "non professional" username for tes.
    I'm one of the ones who have written out my notice letter all ready to hand in..

Aquamarina1234 and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  7. tangerinecat

tangerinecat New commenter

When I've finished for the day I'm going to go and see who is still about. In my day it was EmilyStrange, Blazer, Grandelf, Belledujour, Samjam, Jude, JRTowner,... and guinesspuss, of course :D

FredBloggsScience likes this.
  8. tangerinecat

Gosh, so many more names I'm thinking of. Tonight's plan is gin and TES.

Endeavour1 likes this.
  9. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Emily & Belle are here. Some of the others may be in alter ego format.

10. tangerinecat

Ace - thanks gp :)

guinnesspuss likes this.
  11. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

• Never been a member of Mumsnet. Probably had my children too early, but I certainly remember the name tangerinecat. :)

12. storeyl

storeyl New commenter

I am a TES chat virgin! But need to get away from the other one for a while

Endeavour1 likes this.
  13. puppyofdoom

puppyofdoom New commenter

I'm not a parent but I am an occasional Mumsnet lurker and I've posted on a few of those staffroom threads in support recently. Definitely seeing some familiar TES usernames here. You never think of having bumped into the same person on two different websites; how funny.

Pottypaintpot and Endeavour1 like this.
  14. safspace

safspace New commenter

Another TES virgin but I do have a sign in that I opened in 2014 apparently. I'm from over there and the one who got on a bit of a perry fuelled self righteous essay writing trip last night.

15. HedyPrism

HedyPrism New commenter

Bonjour all. Same name in both places for me :)

16. jmntsp

jmntsp New commenter

Signing in. I'm the poster who was Bless - and coming off mn for my mental health.

Pottypaintpot likes this.
  17. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

That would be most threads on Personal.

Emily, Blazer Jude and gp are still here. along with Belle. And I think someone who had a name like 'Figgy pudding' is back with a new name.

To change your name you''ll need to contact the tes helpdesk or one of the mods. Quickest way, strange as it seems is to 'Report' yourself and get straight on to whichever mod is currently on duty.

18. portandlemon

portandlemon New commenter

Grandelf! I remember you! :)

19. portandlemon

portandlemon New commenter

So that’s official then. MNHQ don’t think the threads are goady and are obviously in support of them. Even non teacher posters can see they are goady! Sigh.

escorchio likes this.
  20. tangerinecat

I posted on here a lot when I was having a rough time at a school. I lost 3 stone through stress. It took me a long time (years, in fact) to see that it was the school and not me. Part of that was down to my new school, which is a great place to work, and partly down to the people on TES.