1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

mmmm..... modeled writing in 25 mins.....

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kym131218, May 23, 2011.

1. I have lots of creative ideas for modeled writing but how on earth am I supposed to teach and get an outcome of modeledwriting in 25 mins?
    Does any one have any ideas of something simple and straight to the point that I can do?
    I have to engage parents in a child orientated activity to demonstrate to them how their children learn. Ithas to be an activity that I would teach to Year 4 and I also have to teach it the next day to Year 4. Please help me....

2. I have lots of creative ideas for modeled writing but how on earth am I supposed to teach and get an outcome of modeledwriting in 25 mins?
    Does any one have any ideas of something simple and straight to the point that I can do?
    I have to engage parents in a child orientated activity to demonstrate to them how their children learn. Ithas to be an activity that I would teach to Year 4 and I also have to teach it the next day to Year 4. Please help me....

3. Could you model the introduction to a text e.g. the first paragraph of a story or a news report? You could share the overall plan with the 'class' and then model each sentence. As an extension, the parents could continue the story for homework and your class could continue it during the next lesson.
    I did a huge amount of modelling for my Y4s and it has paid off in their SATs writing! It has really improved their grammar and punctuation and about 90% of them are writing in paragraphs.
    In my modelled opening paragraphs for stories, I try to include a sentence with a semi-colon, an exclamation and a question.I then challenge the children to do the same. We usually lead into some speech so I can model that too.