1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ml or cubic centimetre

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by bombaysapphire, Mar 1, 2011.

1. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

You measure the volume of a liquid in ml. Toothpaste is a form of fluid so that makes ml appropriate.
    I am only saying that to be awkward through. Both are the same thing so it's academic. I think you could easily argue it either way.

2. Indeed. My take home feeling was that as long as it wasn't trial and improvement then it doesnt matter.
    Going back to the 'measures'
    The man standing next to a tree question on edexcel makes me chuckle as the mans height can vary by nearly 1 meter IIRC

3. frustum

frustum Established commenter

I loved an answer I got to a Unit 1 practice paper question about scones. (Scones weigh 45g, ratio of butter:flour:cheese given, how many can someone make given what's in her store cupboard?)
    The best answer was "assuming that there is no wastage when cutting out the scones, and that she has plenty of milk, which contributes nothing to the mass of the scone, ..."