1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mixed Reception/ Year One class

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by ET1984, Aug 24, 2015.

1. ET1984

ET1984 New commenter

Hi

I am going to be teaching a mixed reception/ Year one class for a second year. I have a lot of experience teaching Year 2, 1 and Reception but have found this age mix really difficult, especially with the new Year One curriculum.

I would be really interested to hear how others plan and run their classroom with this mix.

Thanks for your time

2. Hi ET1984

I've recently been working as a TA in a mixed reception/Y1/Y2 class. One of the main ways that the class was managed in terms of providing relevant curriculum for each child and ability, was obviously through early and continuous assessment, and placing them into relevant learning groups under the leadership of different support staff, (having been provided in advance with a detailed lesson plan). It depends if you will have enough, capable support staff to manage the smaller group learning?