1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mistakes

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by microbiology, Sep 3, 2020.

1. microbiology

microbiology New commenter

Hi

Just wondering what mistakes must be avoided when trying to get as many students as possible? I have gone really strict with who I take as parents were taking the pi**. I also cancelled on a handful of students in the middle kf the year due to cancellations and most are rude parents.

However, I am struggling to recruit students which I expected but not to this extent.

I don’t seem to get any referrals and my previous gcse students have not carried on with me.

Any advice would be helpful

Thanks

2. Yogananda50

Yogananda50 New commenter

The tutoring market is pretty much dried up right now. We’ll probably have to wait for a couple of months before things get back to normal.

3. Thorntonsj

Thorntonsj New commenter

Microbiology, if your experienced, hard working and committed, contact me. Our cooperative of tutors, working online and face to face are absolutely inundated with work!