1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mission Maker Resources

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by tonyuk, Jul 16, 2008.

1. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

Hi

Just thought I would be cheeky any one developed any that are broken down by lesson and easy for kids to use?

2. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

Hi

Just thought I would be cheeky any one developed any that are broken down by lesson and easy for kids to use?

3. hi tony
    have you started writing something
    yet as i am about to start
    would you like to work together in a cyberway
    if so can you leave your email
    please

4. Hi there,
    I have been using MM for a while now. We do the following:
    Lesson 1: I start with a small map and four doors and then introduce different ways of opening doors using different triggers to introduce the concept of rules and triggers. Kids experiment with other objects when complete.
    Lesson 2: I give them a small map and demonstrate how to add the rules to create a "kill the witch to escape" type game, with sound effects, pop up screens, digital speech, a weapon in a closed chest, etc. Kids extend by decorating the level and adding in extra rules to make it more interesting.
    Lesson 3-5: I do a four level challenge game project - I tell them roughly what to do in the first three levels and give them a map (1: find the treasure; 2: shoot the odd one out; 3: eat all the food) and the fourth level is up to them to design.
    Lesson 6-7: We design a cover for the game in Photoshop, using screen captures from the MissionMaker game.
    Generally works quite well. I do have a booklet with instructions that I use in class, but it needs changing and improving and I have not done that yet.

5. Hi.
    Thanks for the above, but I have never used Mission Maker and any resources that you could throw my away would be very much appreciated,